Wednesday, May 24, 2006

For today's Works for Me Wednesday I give
you three for the price of one.

We love our milk. We love our milk cold. I keep
glass glasses with handles in the freezer, then when
it is time to pour the milk I pull them out. Nice and
cold!

Moving on to number two...I keep a zipper bag in the
freezer (I'm big on the freezer today) that I fill with
the bread crumbs left over from slicing french bread.
I add to that crunched up crumbs from the bottom
of chip bags. There are always wee pieces of bread
at the end of a loaf. I put them in a bowl to dry
overnight and then crunch them up and add to the
mix. When I need bread crumbs for a casserole-
wa-la!

Number three is a hint from my husband. I asked him
last night what good household tips I could pass along
and his reply was, "Tell them to go to bed at the same
time as their husbands." Go figure! Happy marriage!

6 comments:

Nettie said...

LoL! My husband would agree with hint #3!

Amy said...

That sounds like my hubby! Great tips!

Blackeyedsue said...

My hubby too!

I like the crumb topping idea!!!

Theresa said...

I'm laughing at number #3 typical man answer huh? I swear they all think alike!

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Great idea for crumb topping. My husband thinks this way, too, but it doesn't work the other way around. I should go to bed when he does, but if he's not ready when I go, it's for a good, justifiable reason, and I should understand that.

Laurie said...

If I weren't such a putterer my husband wouldn't have such a good point. The tendency is to wait 'till he's already tucked in to start checking doors, brushing teeth, telling kids good-night, turning on night lights, putting on face medicine, etc. I believe all these things prove how "important I am" and tend to make me feel put upon so I glory in them! Twisted way of thinking, I know.

Therefore, if I think of doing those things earlier and get to bed on time, my spirit is at peace and so is his.