Wednesday, June 21, 2006











Another Works For Me Wednesday is here. I enjoy
racking my po' lil' brain every week to come up
with an idea I think might be helpful to people. I
also enjoy reading all the great ideas others put
forth.

Here is my offering for this week.

















This Onion Keeper really works well for me. It keeps
my onions fresh and keeps the lovely smell contained
within the elegant glass dome. Onions really do have
a lovely smell; it is just that one doesn't want everything
in one's fridge smelling the same.

This one can be purchased from The Home Marketplace
for $11.99. I'm sure other stores carry it as well.

If you, like me, can't conceive of cooking without using
onions, then this just might Work For You Too.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm an onion girl! I try to wrap it tightly, but often end up just starting with a new one, because the cut one is dried out.

Laurie said...

This really will work, it will keep the old one fresh for a long time.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's so cute! AND handy!
Do you refrigerate the onion after you put it in the little dome?
I definitely have to look for one of those.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Now that is a handy little thingy! I love this idea!!

Laurie said...

Barb, yes you do refrigerate the onion after "endoming" it.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I have never seen this. Guess I don't get out much. Anything that can make onions look romantic (gorgeous photo) is okay in my book!

TheNormalMiddle said...

And, it is rather pretty in your photo! :)

Shalee said...

See now I love the onion smell, so this one unfortunately would not work for me. It's a great idea for those who don't want the smell in the kitchen though! And it would be a wonderful as a gift for those who have more sensitive noses than me.

Pieces said...

Great idea! And a beautiful photo!

Sandra said...

Oooh I love onions and that really does look pretty on top of keeping the flavor :)

Great tip :)

Mama Duck said...

It's pretty too, what a great idea!

Unknown said...

WOW! Great idea. I will have to get one. I don't like onions, but my hubby does. So I buy them for him and then wrap it up all tightly and stick it in the fridge. But it gets bad pretty quickly. The onion keeper looks like it would be perfect!

Crystal said...

I did not know they made such a thing - wow!

Laurie said...

I suppose I should have said that the photo is from the site that has it for sale. I didn't think they'd mind since I was promoting (for free) their product. Perhaps I should have asked for permission first. I don't even own a digital camera!

Glass Half Full said...

I laughed when I read this...

My mom put chopped onions in a zip lock bag. Now I know most mom's out there LOVE those things as do I, but the juice leaked out and smelled up the WHOLE fridge!!!

This post was timely -- must check it out!