Friday, June 16, 2006

I guess my grandma (almost 96) forgave me for not eating
with her in town yesterday. She called me this morning to
come down the gravel and get some some new potatoes she
had dug out of the garden earlier. I also got cucumbers and
some lettuce.

Grandma's recipe for the new potatoes.

Boil them in their skins for 20 minutes.
Put some bacon grease and salt in a pan and heat it up.
Place the potatoes in the pan and rewarm them till they
are good and greasy and salty.
Delicious!

Don't tell her bacon grease isn't good for you. She'd never
believe it.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I have to admit I keep a bowl of bacon grease in my fridge. I use it to fry pancakes, make milk gravy and flavor beans and spinach. It must be a famiy tradition. In fact my bowl is getting low...guess we'll be having bacon for breakfast!