Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Raising older children is more complicated than raising
young'uns. There are a lot of reasons for that (and I am
not talking about rebellious older children here), but the
one that is on my mind is the fact that you just cannot
protect them and shield them from pain as you would like.

It is a very growing-up time for the parents, as much, or
more so, than for the young adults themselves. As I look
into the lives of my three adult, and nearly adult, children,
I ache for them. If only I could give to them the assurance
that has been hard-won in my own life that God will be
there for them. And even far higher and more comforting
than that, that God has these things happening to them for
His own great purposes.

Romans 5:3-5
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations,
knowing that tribulation produces perseverance:
and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Now hope does not disappoint, becuase the love
of God has been poured out in our hearts by the
Holy Spirit who was given to us.

It is for me to trust God also. For me to come to a point of
believing that He is orchestrating their lives in order to
bring about the promise He made about them.

Philippians 1:6
...being confident of this very thing; that He who
has begun a good work in you will complete it
until the day of Jesus Christ:

No comments: