Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Last night Joel called from work. He is thrilled
and so are we. He just found out that he gets to
move to days. And on top of that, he gets to move
to the line he was wanting to be on. Life for him
is often difficult, so these blessings are huge to
him and to us.

I think a party is in order. I told him to be
thinking about what he wants me to cook.

He giggled.

Speaking of food. Last night I make chicken and
dumplings. I wanna know why I can't make c & d
without spinach as a side dish? They go together
in my mind like peanut butter and jelly. I also
love pickled beets with c & d, but am out of them
at the moment. I need G'ma Opal's garden to get
in gear!

5 comments:

me said...

I told Bill to save me a bowl...I hope no one has ate it.

SGRC said...

I was so angry that we missed out on c+d night!!

Fabulous at being Katy Jane said...

I absolutely LOVE spinach!!!!!

house full of love said...

This must be a family favorite and tradition for you. We simply have dinner rolls and salad with chicken and dumpling

LeftCoastOnlooker said...

I love chix & dumps!!!!!
I only made it once this winter.
We do french cut green beans & salad. I guess I never thought of spinach to go with it.