Tuesday, January 30, 2018





















Last night we played the Dictionary Game.  It is one of our favorites.
The game-that is.  Well the dictionary is too.  You can tell that the
one I got as a gift from Tyler many years ago is well used, and I
will add, it is also well loved.

I look forward to the grandies being old enough to read and write
because I think it will be a blast to play the game with them.  Their
fertile imaginations should shine.

The word I chose, when it was my turn to have the dictionary was
"mingy" which means mean and stingy.  I just love that word and
can't wait to use it in conversation.

The other words were: silurid (a catfish with anal and caudal fins fused),
hicjacet (an inscription on a gravestone), mittimus (a writ to put someone in
jail), ulu (a knife used by Eskimos), and vernissage (a type of italian tile).

So, what do you think of this sentence that uses all the words.  It wasn't
made up by me, but by someone who shall not be named.

It was a mingy, vernissage hicjacet showing a silurid being cut by a ulu
while someone was being served a mittimus.  Put that in your pipe and
smoke it.

Oh, Jennifer won.  She so often does!

No comments: