Wednesday, June 20, 2018















The other day Uncle Jim sent me the following entry from an old blog
of his:

Who would have ever thunk it? Mizzou Tigers 9th in the nation!! 
The hated and despised Colorado 5th down "champs" are next on 
our agenda. The game will not be played at the zou...not good.

First thing Mom said the morning after her birthday party was 
" I had quite a day yesterday" A day unlike most of us will ever 
see in our life here on earth. My daughter in law really outdid 
herself. It was a wonderful party. Lots of family, friends, and 
neighbors were there. Everything was perfect. The old girl held 
up pretty well even though she was a little overwhelmed by all the 
attention. I'm hoping by today that she will have caught up on her 
rest somewhat.

I can only imagine what is like to be starting the 98th year of life.

Well, I can see the light in her kitchen window, it's time to see if she 
is okay.

It's frosty this morning, 37 degrees. It was 36.9 yesterday.

'Nuff said.

This was written Oct 30 2007 in a blog that I started in ’06 and never 
stayed with.
I had forgotten all about writing about this.
It does bring back good memories for me. J
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

This would have been the day after the G'ma Opal's 97th birthday party. 
Mom didn't want to wait until G'ma Opal turned 100.  I remember mom
said, "I might not be there."  And she wouldn't have been.

I cannot believe that mom has been gone for 10 years this August.  G'ma Opal
once told me that she had missed her mother every day of her life since her
mother had died, and I can honestly say the same about my mother.  I miss
G'ma Opal too, so very much.

No comments: