Tuesday, July 24, 2018

It was 7 am this morning, I was still in my jammies and the phone rang. 

Laurie, "Hello, neighbor, how are you?"

Neighbor, "Well, I am doing better than you are this morning, because I have
cows today and you don't."

I was a wee bit slow, but then, bingo I got it.  Our cows were at their house.

Kent took off at a quick walk.  I, meanwhile, had to dress first.  One may
chase cows in their jammies in the privacy of their backyard, but not in the
public arena of their neighbor's backyard.

By the time I was dressed and had fast-walked down the road and down the lane,
both Kent and the cows were gone.  In my defense, I have very short legs.  I have
to...they match my short body.

So, I turned around and fast-walked back to the house.  Kent and the cows were
already there, having taken a path through the neighbor's property to the gravel.

It really went fairly smoothly.  The little calf that we were afraid was still missing
was still in her original field.  So we soon had everyone lined up and back in place.

The problem is that it is so dry, there is no grass left for the cows to eat in the fields.

They were just trying to see if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Can you  blame them?

No comments: