Wednesday, October 02, 2019





















Skunk Saga part 5

The following tidbits from recent emails will give you a picture of what

is continuing on a daily basis here.

Sept. 24, from Uncle Jim to me:


Ah, the big boy made a return last night. He hung around long enough for me to slip a pellet into the gun and ease the door open. Then realizing that I had a bead on him he made a high dive for the darkness but for an unknown reason he stopped and stated drinking from the Kitties water bowl. Which afforded me the perfect opportunity to blast him in the head, BUT alas I missed the head and hit the water bowl and he was gone until the next meeting.
Skunk 1 Me 0

Sept. 24, later in the day, from me to Uncle Jim:

Kent missed one last night too!  He was wandering around the carport but Kent was holding both a flashlight and the gun.  Missed completely!  The saga never ends.  I will have to update the Skunk Summer Wedding when I get a chance.  But we did get one the other day that was living under the playhouse.  I poked him with a long stick and Kent was waiting on the other side.

Oct. 2, from me to Uncle Jim:

Hey, Uncliest Jimbo,
I heard you got the big guy.  Joel got a momma and two tweeners last weekend.  We
saw another of the tweeners the other night, but he was gone before Kent could
grab the gun.

The contest continues.  

Oct. 2, later in the day, from Uncle Jim to me:

Mr. Skunk met his end when he turned his back and started to get under my car so 
that's where I shot him in the rear end. I didn't know that he died till your Pa saw him 
under the car. Surely we must be making a dent in the skunk population but then if they breed 
like cats they may get the upper hand. Maybe they will hibernate when the cool air comes in
tomorrow night. We can hope.

Your Uncliest Jimmy

From me to the blog audience:

I will keep you posted.

No comments: