Friday, March 23, 2018
















We birthday partied with Peeta tonight.  Our sweet guy turned 3 a few
weeks ago, and we are sometimes slow to arrange the celebration.

He wanted macaroni and french fries.  So Natalie made macaroni and
I made jojos.  We also added brisket and roast, stir-fry zucchini and
mushrooms, green beans, cantaloupe, bread, salad, chow-chow, and the
cutest cake.  Natalie baked a chocolate cake with chocolate whipped-
cream icing.  Then she took a toy scoop truck and placed it on top
with a hunk dug out of the cake for effect.

Peeta had no problem blowing out his three candles.  He was so
sweet opening his gifts and so careful to look at his cards and tell
everyone, "Thank you."

Last week I was visiting Uncle Jim and I mentioned that I needed to
get some kitchen chairs.  A few of mine fell apart and needed
to be replaced.  He suggested I take Grandma Opal's chairs.  So today
Kent and I and Uncle Jim went in and got the 4 kitchen chairs.

They needed to be bleached and cleaned and I did that and we used
them at the party tonight.  We also found an old cookbook that belonged
to Grandma Hattie Simon.  She has several old handwritten recipes in
the book.  It is a treasure for sure!  Maybe Uncle Jim will post some
of the recipes on his Facebook page.

No comments: