Sunday, September 23, 2018

Kid Vignettes:

The other day I cooked bacon and pancakes for breakfast for Colyn, Peeta,
and Judah.  After eating, Peeta asked if he could have another piece of bacon.
He grabbed one off the plate and held it upright in his little fist.  Judah ran to
him and swiped the bacon, breaking it off where it protruded from Peeta's fist,
and stuffed it into his own mouth before Peeta had any idea what was happening.

He stood there with the most dumbfounded look on his face.  I am not sure he
really ever knew where that bacon disappeared to.





















For as long as she has been able to talk, Elsie has wanted her ears pierced.  Finally
her daddy told her she could when she turned 6.  Well, 6 just came a week or so
ago, and as promised, the ears are pierced.  This is the picture she wanted her
cousin Kathleen to see to prove she had done it.

An interesting conversation happened recently between those two cousins as they
were jumping on the trampoline.  I was near enough to overhear it, and must say,
I went away chuckling.

(Not absolutely word for word...but close)
Kathleen:  I am going to be an eye doctor when I grow up and work in my eye
doctor's office.  Do you want to be an eye doctor when you grow up and work
with me in my office?

Elsie:  Oh, yes! (Don't think she's ever been to an eye doctor.)

Kathleen: Are you going to get married?...Because I am never going to get married.
Being married is icky.

Around that same time the girls were in the climbing tree and one of them yelled at me,
"Grandma, we decided to let the boys be in our gang.  Now it is not just us girls, the
boys can be in it too."

Now that's a much friendlier arrangement, don't you think?  It keeps Colyn, especially,
from being left out.













Bill called the other day to talk with Kent.  As they were chatting, Kent heard the phone
beep and knew someone was trying to get through.  He put Bill on hold and toggled
to the other caller.  It was Opal!  She was calling on her mom's cell while Bill was
on the landline.  Now that 'twas funny!  She wanted to talk to Grandma.  So, I
called her back after Kent and Bill finished their conversation.

No comments: