Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Straight from the Mayberry Times (Spoiler alert...it's been quite
some time since I laughed as hard as I did when I first read this.)

From Speak Out:

Yeah, I'd like to know where the county got these boulders they
put on the dad gum roads.  Them boulders are as big as golf balls
and they call them gravel.  That's boulders.  I don't know where
they got them at but man alive that's hard on your car driving on
them rascals.  So, I thank you but I'd like to be able to get smaller
gravel put on these roads instead of big old boulders and I'd like
to see them get the maintainer-man out doing what they're supposed
to do instead of bucking them along, they get washboard-y.  Thank
you and bye.

I am reminded of the time Kent and I visited G'ma Lil in her
apartment.  She told me the MainTainAnce boys were
supposed to come to her place.  I know now she meant the
maintenance guys, but it took me a good half hour after
I left for the light bulb to come on.  I just had no idea who
she was talking about at first.

No comments: