Thursday, August 09, 2007









This morning Tyler had to be at work by 5:00am. I roused
him from his rest and he got dressed and headed out the door.
I had turned the outside light on for him but didn't want
to leave it on, so I stepped out to watch him drive away.
To turn out an outside light on someone before they are
out of sight seems rude and cold.

After he was gone, I went back in and turned out all the
inside lights and then turned off the porch light and
stepped back onto the porch. The old moon, looking sleepy,
was in the eastern sky. The warm 80 something air clung like
a blanket. The crickets were chirping madly to keep up with
the temperature. What a delicious moment in time.

Then I gladly stepped back into the AC, climbed into my little
nest of a bed, and fell asleep until the alarm went off at
5:30am. 'Twas a lovely morning.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I can picture the whole thing! Yes, a lovely morning there in Mayberry. Thanks for sharing its beauty with us.

Just catching up here after my bloggy break. I've missed a lot! :~)