Friday, February 08, 2008

I have rather neglected G'ma Opal of late. It hasn't
been intentional, it has just happened. So tonight,
when I had a choice of going to a basketball game or
staying home, I opted for home. After everyone left,
I headed down the road for a visit.

First I asked G'ma about her stay in the hospital this
week. She gave me all the fun little details. Then we
talked about this and that and she told me something
that I've heard several times, but this time we decided
to write it down so it would be preserved for posterity.

She was remembering the year 1955. It was an interesting
year in the family. It was the year that everyone somehow
fit in agewise by either being half as old as someone else,
or twice as old as someone else. They weren't all at the
same time perhaps, but sometime during the year they had
these ages.

Here's what she remembers. If you have heard this before,
I mean for those of you who are native to Fern Nook or who
have close connections, and if you know of someone we left
off, please let me know.

Grandpa Marion-50
Bob-25

Grandma Cunningham (Shirley's Mom)-38
Shirley-19

Grandma Opal-44
Bill-22
Jenny-11

Kenneth-16
Jim-8

Mike-1
Tandy-1/2

3 comments:

SGRC said...

Laurie, I don't understand the age difference between Mike and Tandy. You will have to explain that to me later.

Laurie said...

They are just like 1 year and 2-3 weeks apart. But the rules were, for this age game, that you had to be that age sometime during the year, so Mike would have turned 1 in February and Tandy would have turned 1/2 in July.

SGRC said...

Oh, ok. I get it now!