Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some sentences reach out and grab your attention. They
create fodder to be chewed on. Here are a few I've come
across lately that have given me pause and caused me to
think a bit on them.

From the Viking Lars Walker of Brandywine Books:
You can be wrong because you went the wrong way, or you can
be wrong because you went the right way, but insufficiently.

From A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, which I was
reading aloud to Hattie in bed last night.
...she had been true to her duties. She was truest to them
in the season of trial, as all the quietly loyal and good
will always be.
(I read this twice over to Hattie, but really to myself,
because I wanted it to sink in.)

1 comment:

Elise Doolittle said...

Cool.....thanks for the quotes! We are doing copywork in school and I had asked friends and family to contribute as well....and here you are "contributing" and didn't even get the letter.