Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Where do fireflies go when it storms? I wonder.
Why do ferns curl up the way they do? I wonder.
What is the difference between a peeper and
a bullfrog? I wonder. (I know one difference, you
can hear people talk when the peepers are peeping,
but when the bullfrogs get going you have to yell
to be heard...at least that is how it is at my house.
They are so loud they drive my in-laws from the
city bananas. They [my in-laws, not the frogs] refuse
to sleep with the windows open when they come to
visit. Don't even ask about how they felt toward my
guineas. Back to frogs for a minute. I don't know why,
but there are so many little frogs in my yard and
driveway this year that we can't avoid them. Everytime
we drive in or out, or if we walk outside in the dark, we
squish some. My aunt always told me that dead frogs
were just fairies that were pretending to be dead frogs
until you looked away and they could flit off. I keep
hoping one will disappear when I turn away, but it
hasn't happened yet.)

There are many things in this wonderful creation to
wonder at, to marvel at, to learn about, to ask about
and that is why this contest from Spunky is so exciting.
What better way to learn about creation than with
a good biology book and a microscope.

Spunky is giving away a Benz Microscope and
Apologia Biology Set this week. Click Here to get the
details.

No comments: