Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I've had fun participating in Works for Me Wednesday.
It is hard though to find things that I may have figured
out that are somewhat unique. I do not feel that I am
an especially gifted or crafty person. But this morning,
when I was in despair for an idea, one suddenly popped
into my caffeine infused brain.

I do not like a lot of clutter on my walls or on my shelves.
I have some lovely pictures by a neighbor who is a
well-known wildlife artist. I also have several relatives
who are professional artists and I have some beautiful
pictures by them. My problem has always been what
to do with family photos. I wanted to show off different
pictures but didn't want to fill the walls more and more.
This was dilemma number one.

Dilemma number two was that our little home was too small
when princess daughter was born. We had three boys in
one bedroom and nowhere for the little one to go. So we
added a bedroom to our mobile home. When we did so we
blocked a window in the living room. For several years I
just kept the shade pulled down on the window because
you could see the two by fours and the insulation between
the two rooms. Then I had my brain-storm. I had a box
with shelves built that was about three inches deep that
fit exactly into the window space. This is now my picture
gallery. I put pictures on the shelves and when I am
tired of a picture, or find another that is really special,
I change them out. This space has become my cozy
nook for quiet times. I love it.

7 comments:

Nettie said...

It sounds nice. What a great way to turn an eyesore into a place of beauty!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That sounds LOVELY!

Sandra said...

That sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the tip :)

Amy said...

What a great way to make the most of the space in your home. Thank you for sharing your idea!

the lizness said...

that's a great idea.

Jessica said...

NEAT!

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Ingenious! Now I'm looking for a nook!