Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My 95 year old grandmother lives down the
gravel from me. She still lives alone, gardens,
cooks bunches and quilts. She also play a mean
game of High Five (a card game), although she has
been bummed lately because she is on a BIG losing
streak. She hates to be my partner in this game
because I am easily distracted and it requires quite
a bit of strategy. She is very blessed to have
2 sons and a daughter who also live on the same
gravel as she does. Plus she has my family and
me, her adoring grand-daughter.

She started a quilt this winter that had a gazillion
tiny pieces in it. She cut and sewed so many pieces
that she was ready to spit before she was done. But
it turned into a gorgeous purple and aqua piece of art.

Life is a quilt sometimes. It is all bits and pieces and
often we get so lost in the minutia that we lose the
big picture. We forget that a master quilter has
our bits and pieces in hand and is making a master-
piece out of them. It is important for us to take
moments out of our daily rushedness to see the work
that our Great and Holy Father is doing in and
through us. How stupendous that He allows us to
become a part of His program. Let me delight myself
in Him so that He may give me the desires of my
heart. (Psalm 37:4) The more I know Him, and the
more I love Him, the more my desires line up with
His kingdom plan. How exciting to see His kingdom
grow and come into fruition.

No comments: