Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's not that I have been especially busy, it's just that my
sister's mother-in-law lent us the A&E 6 video volume of
Pride and Prejudice. We are 2/3 through, which, for those
who are mathematically challenged, means we have 2
left to watch.

I do have a potpourri of snippets to offer to the blogkingdom
though.

Many bloggers have delightful Autumn poems posted.
They have whet my appetite for walks through crunchy
leaves. I especially enjoyed Vagabond Song by Bliss Carmon
which I found posted on Semicolon.

There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood–
Touch of manner, hint of mood;
And my heart is like a rhyme,
With the yellow and the purple and the crimson keeping time.
The scarlet of the maples can shake me like a cry
Of bugles going by.
And my lonely spirit thrills
To see the frosty asters like a smoke upon the hills.
There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir
We must rise and follow her,
When from every hill of flame
She calls and calls each vagabond by name.

My boys never wanted to learn such poems. But they did
delight in the type Bill posted here at Mayberry's Seed.

Today we had a speaker from The Gideons International.
I am always impressed with the work they do in getting the
Word of God out to the world.

In Southern Missouri, I can't vouchsafe for the rest of the
country, but in Southern Missouri the wildflowers that line
the roadways in late Summer and early Autumn are colored
yellow. There is quite a splash of purple, though, to offset the
yellow and then a dash of white to add an air of elegance to
the picture.

By Sun and Candlelight has a whole gaggle of ideas to be used
in celebrating Autumn with your children.

And finally, I had to pass on this article by Tim Challies on
priorities. Terrific!

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I left a comment for Bill over there at Mayberry's seed... a hoot!