Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mayberry Vignettes:

1. As I was coming home last night from a jailwives
(inside joke) JOY meeting, a large doe jumped out of
my yard and bounded across the road.

2. That reminds me that bow season, an official
Mayberry season, starts Friday and runs through
January 15. Tyler is gearing up. Billy won't get to
hunt much, since he is in St. Louis all week long. I
really do need another deer head or two, I think I
have a bare space on my wall somewhere.

3. We had a great time with the three youth groups
this weekend. They came for the BBQ at our house
along with a contingency from our own church. I don't
have a head count, but I do know 65 hamburgers and
20 or 25 hotdogs were consumed, along with loads of
chips, baked beans, coleslaw, and desserts. But they
the three youth groups and the Mayberry contingency)
didn't eat all the makins for s'mores, so yesterday
Princess Daughter and I tried to make a s'more in the
microwave. It worked. The marshmallows poofed up
and the top graham cracker slid off, but we put it
back on and it was-well yummy-what else can a s'more
be?

4. A funny thing happened at the big gathering. One of
the youth pastors stopped up one of our toilets. He was so very
embarrassed. I told him airily, "Don't worry, doesn't matter,
it happens all the time." I didn't want to have to deal
with the entire mess then and there so I got to hang
an "Out of Order" sign on that bathroom door. It doesn't
take much to make me feel important!

5. A spawning has occurred. Mayberry's Seed is a new site
worthy of being checked out. It is put together by my boy,
Billy, and mod Jenn.

6. Autumn is definitely in the air. One of the things I love
about Kent is that he likes to sleep with the window open
as much as I do.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Ha! A spawning. Mayberry's seed looks like a fun read. You must be a proud Mom. *-)