Friday, April 27, 2007

















I have enjoyed all the blog-posted poetry this
month. When the children were younger I enjoyed
making up little ditties to sing in the car or
as we worked and played. One of them has stuck
with us and Hattie will still say it at times.

Bathtime Poem

My little hands get wrinkled,
Whenever I take a bath.
My little feet get wrinkled too;
It makes me want to laugh.

My name is (say child's full name),
And I am asking you-
Do your hands and feet
Ever get wrinkled too?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I've never heard this poem...but so cute! I'll have to tell it to my girls! :)

Last April, being poetry month, the girls had to either read or write their own poetry for home school group. My youngest had just turned four, and she recited Robert Louis Stevenson's "Rain". :)