Friday, June 30, 2006

Addendum. Isn't that a fun word. It isn't exactly a lovely
word, but it is fun. Just try saying it over five times in a
row quickly and you'll see what I mean. Plus, if you use
this word in actual conversation or writing, you feel so
important and grown-upish. It is just all around a great
word.

This is an addendum to the previous post. (There don't I sound
grown-up and importantish?) It was refreshing for me to
get home at 10:30 p.m. from the game-watching in Mayberry,
and to find Joel, our oldest son sitting in the living room. Now,
he has his own home, but he drops by pretty much everyday
and several times a day. His first words last night were, "Mom,
I'm hungry." I love it. What do you cook when it is 10:30 and
people are hungry and there were no leftovers from dinner?

Egg-sandwiches. They work every time. Take two slices of
bread, one slice of cheese, cook an egg easy over and add mayo
or mustard depending on the taste of the intended eater. If you
want to be fancy, toast the bread, scramble the egg and add
salsa.

"Okay Joel, will an egg-sandwich do?" "Yes."
"Kent do you want an egg-sandwich?" "Yes."
"Billy (who arrived home close to 11:00) want an egg-
sandwich?" "Please."
"Mom, I want peanut butter and jelly." This was from
Hattie who isn't into egg sandwiches yet.
"Mom, will you make me one more?" (This from Joel.)
"Now, I'll make one for me!"

Family-life is good and rich and who cares if it is midnight
when everyone is fed and finally in bed.

No comments: