Thursday, June 01, 2006

ARGH, ARGH, ARGH, and GROWL. Rezimphretzel.
Is there a right way to spell rezimphretzel? In case anyone
ever wonders what is the MOST frustrating aspect of
being self-employed--I can tell you. It is researching
and choosing your health insurance. Every two or so
years we start from scratch because every two or so
years our premiums go out of sight again. It is so discouraging
to research, and discuss and then feel like you are comparing
apples and oranges. We come out of it just
exhausted. Kent and I are even growling at each other.
This has been weighing on my spirit for a few weeks, but
hopefully after signing the dotted line tomorrow we can
just set it aside again, at least for two or so years.

But there has been a funny side to even this. Yesterday,
after I got the umpteemth phone call from an unknown
insurance agent my boys got to wondering what was going
on. I just sighed and said, "For some reason I seem to have
a lot of strange men calling me these days." Boy did their eyes
open wide, and did their dander stand straight up!

No comments: