Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Creative people breed creativity. One of my delights
over the recent Memorial Day weekend was watching
my niece and my princess daughter. My niece, 12, and
my daughter, 8, decided to make a movie. For years
they have been doing smaller programs. They would
go, along with an older neice, into a room, spend an hour
or two practicing and creating costumes and then do a
dance and song program, or perhaps put on a short play.
Of course we always had to pay to watch these. Sometimes
there were refreshments, sometimes there were not. And
always the closer one sits the more one pays. Typical
charges are 10, 20 and 25 cents.

This weekend though, they put their creativity into, not a
program, but into a production. They decided to
recreate "Narnia". We spent the weekend on the river,
fishing, at ballgames and just hanging out and wherever
we were they had their heads together planning. They have
a huge chest of old dance costumes and clothes to choose
from. They figured out an answer to everything. I am the
"wit*ch". Instead of making it always winter, I make it always
summer, but never swimming time. I ride a four-wheeler
decorated with flowers and wear berries in my head. But
I get to speak as sternly and as meanly as I wish...what fun!

The best, in my opinion, are the beavers. They talked
my 19 year old son and his friend Jen into being Mr. and Mrs.
Beaver. Their costumes are a riot.

I love it when princess daughter and darling neice get
together. Because they are both of a creative turn they
encourage each other and they both become more so.

I can't wait to see the production in its entirety. Edmonette
has only just arrived at the castle of the wit*ch and so it
will be some time before they are finished. We may have
to wait till Labor Day weekend when they will have another
3 days to work on it.

No comments: