Friday, June 30, 2006

Last night I returned from a Homeschool Conference in
St. Louis. I brought back with me, along with my dirty
clothes, several cuds to chew. My family ought not to
be surprised today if they see a funny, new cow out in the
field.

It was good, good, good to get home though. Somehow I
really missed Kent and the kids. I was staying at my
in-laws home and they were out of town. Maybe it was
all the quiet that got to me. After dinner Kent wanted to
do some nursing home visitation and I jumped at the
chance to go along. So, Kent, Princess Daughter and I
hopped in the car and tootled along to the NH. We saw
several women there and then jaunted over to the ball-
park where middle son Billy was umpping. You know your
kids are growing up when you go to watch them ump
rather than play. The younger son, who also umps, is at
camp and so we couldn't watch him. We ran into loads of
people we knew and I felt that it was GOOD to be back
in Mayberry again.

I did enjoy the conference, and I had a really good time with
my sister shopping in her closet. I needed some clothes for
our mission trip to Mexico that is coming up in two weeks.
But before we headed to the mall Becky, aka, Philippine-
sister, took me into her bedroom and because she is one inch
taller than I am, and because her legs are longer than mine,
she had several things that do not really fit her but fit me just
fine. Thanks Sis, you saved me money and energy.

I also got to watch my niece play softball. Annie, you look
cute in catcher's equipment, but not as beautiful as you
looked dressed up for your nice dinner at Westminster.

No comments: