Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Little Snake - Lower White Oak Canyon Trail

Walking in exhaustedly after the first day of The Garage Sale, I turned to set a load of things on my kitchen table. You could not guess what was lying on my table. Well maybe the picture has given it away and you have guessed. There truly was a small snake, head smashed in, lying on a leaf, on my table. That is my kitchen table. The place where we eat our dinners. We do not do the "in front of the TV in the living room" thing.

I wondered, tiredly, which of my boys put it there for me to enjoy. Then, I think, I picked it up to assure myself that it really was a snake I was looking at. It was. One of the boys, right now I can't remember which it was, carried it out for me. I WIPED the table. Then I forgot about it.

A few days later Princess Daughter casually said, "Oh yeah, I was walking down the road the other day and there was a little snake. I didn't know if it was poisonous or not so I smashed its head and carried it home for you to see."

I am not really bothered by the odd snake or two. Still I think I liked the flowers she picked for me the other day just a wee bit more.

No comments: