Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One of the melancholy parts of my children growing
up is that they do not say so many bloopers as they
once did. But, Princess Daughter came out with a
really good one Sunday night at church.

She and I, along with a few adults, were standing
around fellowshipping after the service. I used the
word hesitate and she misheard me. I am sure she
misheard me. Surely I didn't really say what she
thought I said. I said, "Billy is hesitating...." She
turned to me and said, "Mom, that is hes-i-ta-ting,
not hes-i-pa-ting." Then she turned to the others
and said, "My mom always pronouncinates words
wrong."

The looks on their faces was priceless. And she took
the laughter well. She is even telling the story on
herself. She is growing up. (Now a little lecture is
due on politness.)

No comments: