Thursday, October 19, 2006

Upclose and Personal

What's cooking? Pork chops in the crock pot for BBQ sandwiches.

What books did I find at the Sheltered Workshop the other day
that are now on my to-be-read-bookpile? Beowulf, Clouds of
Witness & The Unpleasantness at The Bellona Club by Dorothy
Sayers, War on the West by William Perry Pendley. I got a few
other books for Hattie and myself, but they went into her pile or
onto the regular shelf already.

What other books am I already reading or about to embark on?
The Complete Short Stories by Dorothy Sayers (almost finished
with this one...I just love Dorothy Sayers), In the Steps of Moses
by Louis Golding, Ambassador to the Penguins: A Naturalist's Year
Abroad a Yankee Whaleship by Eleanor Mathews, The Singer Trilogy
by Calvin Miller (finished this morning) and Above All Earthly Pow'rs:
Christ in a Postmodern World by David F. Wells (this one Kent is
reading, but he wants me to go through it too.) Maybe if I quit working
on my crosswords I'll make some progress through these. Maybe not.

What big projects am I working on? Garage Sale. Mom and I are doing
the garage sale thing this weekend. The money will go towards getting
my family back to Mexico for a mission trip next summer. We really
miss Cuernavaca.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I agree with "Dad." Get yourself published. Thanks for catching us up with your news and views!

Susannah said...

P.S. Your reading list is incredible! I will leave you now, so you can get back to your book...