Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Not only do we have hummingbirds (Did I say we had
15 or so of them? I lied. We have 30 or 40 in a
continual eating frenzy. They are fascinating!
I will try to find some of their nests and post
pictures.) on our porch, but we also have another
of God's creations out there.

A few days ago the boys found a huge black widow
spider and two egg cases and scooped them all into
a jar. They were in my living room until last night
when I had visions of the egg cases hatching and
a gazillion tiny black widows climbing through the
air holes poked in the top of the jar and zipping
around the house.

I'd like to get a picture for you, but while I am
not the type to go bezerk over a spider, the thought
of opening the jar and trying to maneuver the camera
and spider into a good position for a shot is more
than I think I'd like to attempt.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Steve & Ruth said...

I'm glad the spiders are in your house and not mine.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Well, hopefully they won't actually ever get into the house now that they are officially moved out onto the porch.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

OK....officially creeped out now! LOL
Hopefully, no spider dreams for me tonight! UGH!

And...I think you did the right thing, Laurie...
poisonous spiders inside- Bad
poisonous spiders out- good

But poisonous spiders at the other end of the state- even Better
:)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home