Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Family Reunion Snippet.

Little Mitch (6), my kids' second cousin, was riding with
Kent, Princess Daughter and me to Snappy Tomato, where
the whole gang was going to have Sunday Lunch.

He (Little Mitch) leaned forward in his seat and said, "Excuse
me, Mr. Kent, but, how many cylinders does this car have?"

I glanced amusedly at Mr. Kent, and I waited for the answer,
I sure didn't know.

"Six, Mitch. It has six cylinders."

I couldn't resist...I know, my sin nature and all. "Hey, Mitch,
what is a cylinder anyway?"

Silence. But only for a second. "I don't know," he happily
confided.

"I don't either," I smiled conspiratorily. "But whatever they
are we know this car has six of them!"

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Very cute! I do know what cylinders are, but that's about it when it comes to cars.