Wednesday, July 05, 2006











It is Works for me Wednesday, hosted by Rocks in my Dryer,
and I am excited to see all the ideas that will pour in today.

This week I want to promote, with no kickback whatsoever,
one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. My mother always used
a nut chopper similar to this one to chop her nuts and I have
very seldom been without one. I use mine so much that I wear
them out and have to buy a new one every 7 or 8 years.

Actually the reason I just recently had to buy a new one was
because of the deer hunters in my family. Tyler, to be specific,
used my nut chopper to grind salt for a salt lick. It ground the
salt, it also caused the demise of my chopper. Since I cook with
nuts a lot, my first trip out of Mayberry and to the Big City of
St. Louis saw me hitting the cooking stores to scoop up another
chopper.

The one pictured here is listed at Walter Drake for $7.99.

13 comments:

Susanne said...

I like the measuring cup on the bottom part. Good idea!

Mama Duck said...

What a handy little thing! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

A gal must have a nut chopper. I have a few. *wink*
I played. Pam

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

This looks great. I love kitchen gadgets, and I love nuts. Thanks for sharing!

Shalee said...

That's a gadget I wouldn't mind making space for in the kitchen. Thanks for the heads up!

the lizness said...

I have a chopper from pampered chef, but I probably don't use it as much as I could.

Overwhelmed! said...

I have a nut chopper as well. I don't use it often but I love it when I do! :)

I just posted my first WFMW. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Mom2fur said...

I've never even seen anything like that! It looks so much easier than chopping on a chopping board. Now I'll have to go find one for myself.

Stephanie said...

I don't think I've ever seen one of those - what a great idea!

Aunt Murry said...

I have one from Pampered chef. I.love.it.

Julie said...

My mom had one too. I think her's probably lasted 20 years or so.

Jen and family said...

yum nuts are one of my favourite foods

Jen and family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.