Friday, July 21, 2006

Stormy weather
I am living now outside of St. Louis and so was right in the midst of the storm that struck Wednesday evening. Thankfully the only damage that we had was flying shingles and lots of tree branches down. It was a bit scary when it started raining in the basement (dripping off of the rafters - I guess it was blowing sideways and got between the basement and the house???)

Every cloud has a silver lining - and this event for me has one as well. I love being hospitable and I have a family that work with World Impact as church planters in the city of St. Louis staying with me until their electricity comes back on. The heat index was at least 112 degrees today and the sleep on the 3rd floor of a brick building in the inner city...can you imagine the heat?

We are having a blast together here "camping out" - and we had 2 other families over as well for the evening that also do not have electricity. Whew I'm a bit tired from cooking and serving and cleaning, but I am loving the opportunity to give back a little hospitality to someone who has shown me so much. Pray for St. Louisans - there are many who are hot and hurting tonight.

Becky

1 comment:

Susannah said...

My goodness! What a situation. And you're blogging through it all. Thanks for reporting in... and I look forward to reading your next installment!