Monday, July 10, 2006














My grandmother decided to spoil me a little. Boy, was I
surprised. I always tease her, because, if my sister comes
from the Big City to visit, or my brother, or one of my
cousins she always cooks up a storm and spoils them with
their favorite foods. We always say she is showing off for
them, or as they say in Mayberry, "showing out." But, she
doesn't call and invite me to come a quarter of a mile down
the gravel for lunch or dinner. She does say, "I just figure
if you are hungry you'll wander on down anytime you want."

This week she spoiled me. She made some pickles for me
from the cucumbers in her garden. They are good. I put
some out at the reunion and got all kinds of compliments.
Guess I'll have to go beat her in a game of High Five before
I head down to Mexico this weekend.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Yummy! I love pickles. I'm glad your grandma took the time to honor YOU! (I can't imagine... my grandparents have been gone for what seems like centuries!) How special.

It sounds like your family reunion was a huge success... and so much fun! Have a blessed time in Mexico, Laurie.