Tuesday, April 18, 2006

When Jesus said in John 6:51, "I am the living bread,"
He said something that is incredible. Earlier in chapter
6 He said, (vs. 32, 33) "My Father gives you the true
bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who
comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

What does it mean to feast on Jesus? It means to be
spiritually connected to Him, to have union with Him.
In chapter 15 of John, Jesus portrays it as the union
of a vine and its branches.

How to be connected in an intimate way with Jesus
always comes back to the same things. God's Word
and prayer have to be the backbone of our days.
Isaiah 66:2b "But on this one will I look: On him who
is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at
My word." Have you ever trembled at His word? He
is our closest friend, but He is also the Creator and
Sustainer of the universe.

Psalm 16:8 "I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."

No comments: