Thursday, January 11, 2007

I did not actually step off the edge of the world, but
I did just meander off the edge of normalcy for awhile.
I walked out of the holidays and into the Missions
Conference where we had our dear friend Oscar with us
for a little over a week. What a blessing from God.
He is answering years of prayers by opening minds and
hearts to the need for light that this dark world has.

And then there is my mother. That has been a story in
and of itself. We went into the surgery thinking we had
a battle on our hands and found that we were rather in
the midst of a full-blown war. Our world was turned
a bit topsy-turvy when we headed into Friday thinking,
"Stage one, contained," and ended the day hearing the
words, "Advanced and agressive."

But, a night of staring the monster in the face and
resting the the presence of God Almighty brought the
whole family in line to face this war.

Mom took awhile to recover from the surgery but is now
a hoot again, so that part is going well. The path
report is not yet in so we don't even have a name,
but will know in a few days what to expect as far as
treatment goes.

The hymn Immortal, Invisible which is based on
I Timothy 1:17 has been running through my mind a lot
the past few days. The second verse reads thus:

Unresting, unhasting, and silent as night,
Nor wanting, nor wasting, Thou rulest in might;
Thy justice, like mountians,
high soaring above Thy clouds,
which are fountains of goodness and love.

Those two words, unresting and unhasting, are filled
with more meaning than a thousand modern Christian
songs and books. God is involved in our lives, He is
unresting, but He is also unhasting. He is not in a
rush to fix what we have messed up; He doesn't need
to run in and try to put a bandaid on some problem we
have; He is not caught off-guard. He is the author of
time and He lives outside of time. I will trust Him,
and not just to work things out the way I want. I will
just trust Him period. May I be Joblike and able to
say, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

1 comment:

LeftCoastOnlooker said...

Thank you for sharing what you are learning - His hand is mighty!
I will be praying for your mother & your family.